Apply for Access to Controlled Data
Data Access Control Bodies
ICGC projects have two separate access control bodies. US based projects are authorized by dbGaP, while non-US projects are authorized by the ICGC Data Access Compliance Office (DACO). To download controlled data, a user must apply for access at the corresponding data access control body. The following table shows you which repository you are able to download from if you have been granted authorization from dbGaP or ICGC DACO.
|Authorization From:||Data Portal||Collaboratory||AWS||EGA||GDC||PDC|
Obtaining Access to ICGC-Controlled Data in Data Portal, Collaboratory, AWS and/or EGA
- Create an ICGC account at https://icgc.org/user/register
- Follow the procedure of applying for DACO access at DACO. NOTE: Please ensure you submit your Gmail email address where it asks for an "OpenID"
- Submit your DACO application. The approval process usually takes 24-48 hours.
- DACO will notify you when your DACO application has been approved, or if they require any further information
- Once your DACO access application is completed and approved, your email will become associated with an OpenID, and you will be granted access to the ICGC controlled access datasets available through Cancer Genome Collaboratory, AWS Virginia, the EBI’s EGA repository and ICGC Data Portal. You will receive an email from EGA about setting up your password to access controlled data at https://ega-archive.org/. If you already had an EGA account from before, you will use the same username/password to access ICGC controlled data at EGA.
Please note: EGA is not responsible to grant access to ICGC data hosted at EGA.
Obtaining Access to dbGaP-Controlled Data in GDC or PDC
One of the widely used access control system is database of Genotypes and Phenotypes Authorized Access program. dbGaP requires an eRA account to log in and register. If you need to register your organization you will need your organization's signing offical to participate in the registration process.
If you encounter difficulties, the dbGaP help desk is available.